At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
Research Scientists at ASAPP work to fundamentally advance the science of NLP and ML towards our goal of deploying domain specific real-world AI solutions. They leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, and our ability to deploy AI features into real-world use to ask and address fundamental research questions in novel ways.
We are expanding our research team, and are looking for candidates with PhDs, a strong record of peer-reviewed publications, outstanding communication skills, and the ability independently develop and drive original research programs.
If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, startup-paced execution, and strong collaboration with all parts of an organization, ASAPP is an ideal environment for you.
What you’ll do
- Develop and drive research programs in collaboration with other members of the research group
- Collaborate with other functions at ASAPP to identify new research problems and drive technology transfer
- Design, develop and evaluate novel techniques to advance the fields of NLP and ML in the areas of interest to ASAPP
- Report and defend research findings internally and externally, maintaining a strong peer-reviewed publication recordGuide and review productization of research findings by engineering teams
What you'll need
- Ph.D. in natural language processing, or any area of machine learning; or equivalent experience
- A strong record of peer-reviewed publications
- The scientific curiosity and tenacity required to solve hard research problems
- Strong communications and interpersonal skillsAbility to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
What we'd like to see
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- The ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-DNI