Machine Learning Engineering Manager
ASAPP, a global AI-backed tech startup is seeking a new member of the Machine Learning Engineering Team for a full-time job opportunity.
We are looking for a new member to join our Machine Learning team as a Technical Lead Manager, with an intent to pursue management. You should have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing your expertise to ASAPP to help us solve cutting edge machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) challenges.
As a part of our team, you will design, develop, and deploy fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms that are applied to natural language processing problems, both as a leader and as a senior engineer. You'll work with our senior product team, engineers, and researchers to develop high quality software that is robust and reliable. You’ll be faced with new technical challenges and things to learn about ML and software engineering on a daily basis.
We’ll want you to:
- Be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impactHelp us turn research into meaningful ML products that help tens of millions of users
- Assess the risks and merits of different approaches to solving complex problems in the light of the specific requirements and time frame Actively work on creating and improving tools to parallelize model training, unifying dataset creation and accuracy measurements across experiments
- Closely monitor the edge cases of model performance and taking active measures of explaining the reasons and possible approaches for diminishing undesirable effects
- Actively follow advancements in AI and ML, and participate in discussions about them with the ML and research teams
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies ASAPP's values.
You’ll need to have:
- Management experience on an engineering team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field of science, technology, engineering or math, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Passion for Machine Learning and solving problems
- Desire to learn new things, work closely with peers from different teams, and help others
We’d love to see:
- Production experience with Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD)
- Production experience with Python, AWS, Kubernetes, and/or Docker
- Proven skill at debugging complicated systems and writing solid test cases to ensure their stability
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.