Security Engineer, Detection & Response
Compliance, Security and Enterprise Engineering – Security Engineering
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
We are seeking a full-time Security Engineer to help build and strengthen our security event detection and incident response capabilities. You will work with fellow security engineers, and partner with the rest of the technology organization, leveraging ASAPP’s people and technology for maximum benefit, to ensure we’re detecting and responding to security events. They should be familiar with corporate security, log forwarding and aggregation, security incident and event management systems, threat intelligence, and incident response.
This individual will be part of our growing security team, and will report to our Head of Security Engineering. You will be tasked with assisting in the maturation of our security incident and event management infrastructure and it’s dependent event sources, partnering with ASAPP engineering and infrastructure teams in order to capture, aggregate, and correlate relevant security events and assist in responding to the incidents they generate.
What you'll do
- Become the subject matter expert on ASAPP security event detection and response infrastructure.
- Research attack vectors and build solutions to detect them.
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure security event sources are standardized and configured correctly.
- Build tools and orchestration automation to manage scaling detection and response activities.
- Monitor the health of event detection and response systems to ensure they are continuously available.
- Respond to security incidents generated via SIEM and/or other triggering sources.
What you'll need
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience programming or debugging at least one high level program language (Python, Java, Go).
- Experience with EDR technologies like CarbonBlack, Crowdstrike Falcon, and Threatstack.
- Expertise in log aggregation and indexing at scale (Elasticsearch, Splunk)
- Industry experience in owning and driving the resolution of complex security incidents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-DNI