Machine Learning Engineer - Voice Recognition / Voice Synthesis
New York and San Francisco
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown New York City, is seeking a new member of the Machine Learning Engineering Team for a full-time job opportunity either in the New York or San Francisco office. We are seeking Voice Synthesis and Voice Recognition Staff Software Engineers to help us revolutionize our customer interaction platform, which is currently in use by ~50 million users and growing.
Through novel Text-to-Speech / Speech-to-Text system design, research, architecture, optimization, implementation, and evaluation you’ll help us dramatically improve our real-time voice system to build a best-in-class ML-powered speech generation system. You’ll work directly with our Voice Research team to build and implement state-of-the-art voice technology and rapidly bring ideas from research to internal prototype, production trial, and to full production.
This role requires past experience and demonstrated excellence working in Voice, Speech, and/or Audio synthesis/listening systems, especially streaming real-time speech processing, as we are looking for an expert to join and complement our existing NLP ML Engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to build a novel voice system early in its design and development and for you to make a huge impact on the future of voice recognition or synthesis at ASAPP.
We'll want you to:
- Use your deep technical experience and skills for designing a novel Voice recognition (speech-to-text) and/or Speech synthesis (text-to-speech) system. This role involves AI system design, architecture, optimization, and/or implementation to help us radically improve our voice systems and practices.
- Work on designing and implementing components in areas such as Speech learning systems that adapt to usage from customers, ML Voice model deployment systems that self-evaluate and self-monitor, and best-in-class speech generation and/or speech recognition systems
- Create novel systems that automate key components and processes for creating, training, tuning, and deploying ML-powered voice products and services, and augment engineers, scientists, product managers, and testers to configure, design, build, and modify ML powered voice products through advanced tooling
- Help ASAPP’s ML team innovate faster by demonstrating and sharing the best practices you have learned in your career
- Work directly with our Voice Research team to implement state-of-the-art voice systems and bring them to internal prototype, production trial, and to full production
You'll need to have:
- Passion to build new voice systems that are best in the world in their domain
- Desire to rapidly iterate on live ML Voice products
- Must have past professional experience working in Voice, Speech, and/or Audio synthesis systems, especially streaming real-time processing
- Proven track record in Voice Recognition or Voice Generation
- Technical leadership -- help build our technical track; passion for education/mentoring; record of making organization-wide impact through technical decision making and influence
- Passion for building things that work extremely well
- Bias towards action -- comfortable with making decisions with limited information
- Views success through impact
We'd love to see:
- Additional experience in Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Deep Learning, Neural Networks (Recurrent and Convolutional), ML Training Infrastructure, AB Testing and Evaluation, Recommendation Systems, ML Prototyping tools, or Computer Vision.
- Free Lunch Daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
- Wellness perks (gym reimbursement)
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.