Product Design Lead
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown New York City, is seeking a Product Design Lead to join our growing team of passionate designers, engineers and researchers. We’re a cross-functional product design team that prides ourselves on collaboration and innovation.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with Product, Research, and Engineering team members to design solutions that push the boundaries of augmentation and automation between human and machine. You can expect to work on problems across a variety of mediums, including solutions that are rooted in conversation, augmentation, dashboard design, mobile design, and other highly dynamic areas. You'll focus on defining business and user requirements, and create design solutions that will be deployed within days and weeks. Expect to conduct user research and testing initiatives, synthesize user feedback into designs for new products and existing product improvements.
You’ll have an outsized amount of autonomy and influence within our highly collaborative team. You will contribute to a passionate and growing design culture through frequent feedback sessions and work reviews. Together with a small and motivated design team, you’ll work on a highly advanced product can make a tangible difference in people’s lives.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design and visual design.
- Experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems.
- Experience in user testing and research, with the ability to translate findings into actions.
- Demonstrated ability to create wireframes, prototypes, UI specs, and full fidelity visual designs.
- Demonstrated understanding of responsive web, as well as native iOS and Android platforms
- Experience working directly with customers to translate their needs into actionable deliverables
- Strong communication and organizational skills
What we'd love to see:
- Design experience with mobile and conversational UI
- Experience designing for AI/ML/NLP
- Experience designing within highly interactive and information-dense applications.
- Experience with mobile design, and specifically conversational UI and design
- Experience with high-fidelity prototyping using tools such as Framer, Principle, etc.
- Experience using data driven design techniques and a fluency with analytics
A few of the perks of working at ASAPP
- Brand-new office space in One World Trade Center, with a view of the entire city!
- Free lunch and dinner daily
- Fully stocked kitchen, snack room and bar
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Wellness perks and fitness stipend
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.