Research Scientist, Machine Learning
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
We are seeking a full-time Machine Learning Research Scientist to work towards our goal of deploying domain specific real-world AI solutions. They leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, and our ability to deploy AI features into real-world use to ask and address fundamental research questions in novel ways.
If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, startup-paced execution, and strong collaboration with all parts of an organization, ASAPP is an ideal environment for you.
What you'll do
- Conduct novel and impactful research to advance the field of Machine Learning
- Be actively involved in the research community by publishing in top-tier conferences
- Leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, identify research problems that are directly related to our business and products
- Prototype and productionize your research outcome by collaborating with other functions at ASAPP
What you'll need
- PhD in any area of Machine Learning, or equivalent experience
- Ability to independently develop and drive original research initiatives
- Solid record of peer reviewed publications
- Excellent teamwork spirit
- Strong communication skills
What we'd like to see
- Familiarity with at least one of the deep learning toolkits, such as Pytorch, Tensorflow and MxNet
- Solid coding skills
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.