Engineering – Product
ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, launched 3 years ago to use artificial intelligence to solve some of the world's most interesting and complex problems. We are looking for an experienced Product Designer for a full-time opportunity.
Our AI-native SaaS platform pulls together a wide array of technologies to deliver a rich, real-time chat experience both for the customer and customer service agent. For the product's success, we rely on our team's ability to design and build complex features at scale, and to provide customers with an unparalleled experience. If you enjoy problem solving and quality engineering, there are a ton of interesting problems for us to work on together!
This is what we're looking for:
- We are seeking a Product Designer to join our growing team of passionate designers, creators and thinkers. We’re a cross-functional product design team that prides ourselves on collaboration and innovation.
- In this role you will have ownership of the crucial customer-facing component of our flagship product. You will help explore, define, design and create AI-augmented experiences that will reach millions of users on a daily basis. You will be finding answers to design challenges no other company has solved before.
- Specifically, you will be responsible for a conversational interface that has endless dynamic abilities that blend traditional and conversational UI. At our core, we are a company based on language and conversation, therefore your design solutions will be rooted in conversation design. You will be the authority on best practices for conversational UI.
- You will be collaborating with the entire design team to create a cohesive and magical consumer product experience for responsive web, iOS and Android platforms. You will be expected to drive the design of the product and set standards for others to follow. You will also be encouraged to test, iterate, and capture results.
- TL;DRTogether with a small and motivated design team, you’ll work on a highly advanced product that can make a tangible difference in people’s lives and you’ll watch your ideas get built and deployed on a weekly basis.
A typical day might include:
- Parsing requirements and translating them into user flows
- Prototyping micro interactions
- Designing elegant, innovative and user-friendly experiences
- Presenting work internally and to clients
- Sipping coffee while taking in the single best view in all of NYC
- Collaborating with teammates on new and industry-defining interaction patterns for AI-based technologies
- Editing and contributing to our global styleguide
- Conducting and documenting a competitor evaluation
- Thinking about novel ways to apply human conversation to UI
- Design and conduct user tests
What you'll need:
- 5+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design and visual design. Bonus points for design experience with mobile and conversational UI.
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines and systems to move ASAPP’s products in new and bold directions
- Proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes and UI specs and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly
- A thorough understanding of responsive web, as well as native iOS and Android platforms
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- A self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Ability to balance strong self-management skills with being a contributing member of a multi-discipline team.
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization.
- Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback.
- Ability to make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as know how to acquire the data.
- A strong sense of ownership balanced with the ability to be humble, flexible and accommodating
- An eager, hardworking and optimistic attitude
We'd love to see some of this:
- Intimate knowledge of mobile design, and specifically conversational UI and design.
- High-fidelity prototyping using tools such as Framer, Principle, etc
- Bonus points for experience designing for/with AI/ML/NPL
- Demonstrated ability to define and work within a product style guide
- An interest and familiarity with language and conversation
- Data driven design techniques and a fluency with analytics
Perks of working at ASAPP:
- Brand-new office space in One World Trade Center, with a view of the entire city!
- Free lunch and dinner daily
- Fully stocked kitchen, snack room and bar
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Wellness perks and fitness stipend
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.