ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown New York City, is seeking a data scientist for a full time job opportunity.
In this role, you will apply techniques from machine learning and modern statistics to data both from ASAPP products and our clients. You will develop and apply approaches to solve problems that are central to our clients.
If you love an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, startup-paced execution, and strong collaboration with all parts of an organization, ASAPP is an ideal environment for you.
What you'll do:
- Build and use machine learning tools to augment decision-making.
- Identify ways to significantly improve business and process problems with machine learning.
- Work with the broader of researchers, engineers, product managers and customer-facing groups to develop outstanding solutions to those problems.
- Work with internal client teams (e.g. data science) to ensure clients receive value.
- Collaborate with the Research team to define problems and develop state of the art solutions, and the Product and Engineering teams to identify components that can be built into our products.
What you'll need:
- At least 5+ years of data science experience
- Interest or experience in helping large companies adopt machine learning.
- Expertise in modern statistics/data science/machine learning.
- Expertise in a statistical programming language (we use Python and R internally) and data access tools (e.g. SQL).
We'd like to see:
- Experience with one of deep learning, NLP, healthcare data, Bayesian modeling.
- Graduate degree with background in statistics and machine learning.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Communication in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Enthusiasm and desire to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Perks of working at ASAPP
- Free Lunch and Dinner
- DailyMedical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Wellness perks
- Beautiful office with stunning views on the 80th floor of World Trade Center