VP/Sr. Director Platform & Infrastructure Engineering
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
The VP/Sr. Director Platform & Infrastructure Engineering will work to develop, implement, and maintain a strategic plan for evolving our production environment and systems to achieve strategic business goals. Some of the key challenges will be to liaise with all levels of the company to ensure alignment around the strategic direction of the platform, hire and retain top engineering talent in infrastructure, site reliability, and platform engineering, and establish strong communication channels with the broader engineering organization to ensure a high level of service in the delivery of business value in software and broad adoption of your team’s tools and services across Engineering.
What you'll do
- Maintain a strong understanding of ASAPP's technical environment, stack, enterprise, customers and outside integrations. You will need to leverage this knowledge to inform the design and architecture of our infrastructure and develop/promote components to ensure our products and services are robust, reliable, scalable and secure.
- Set the strategy and long-term roadmap for the team. You will build and direct the teams responsible for all major platform and infrastructure initiatives including but not limited to: 1) Building infrastructure and cloud automation that allows self-service development of new distributed and scalable systems that are secure by default 2) Building block components (Auth-N & Auth-Z, transport & field-level encryption, messaging, logging & monitoring toolsets, etc) that we create and maintain to allow for more efficient development 3) Monitoring the health of production environments 24x7 and coordinating change, incident and problem management across the organization
- Recruit and retain the talent on the team. You will be responsible for headcount planning of the team, hiring of the engineers and managing of the organizational structure. You will also champion a culture that advocates for diversity and inclusivity. Teams will support Engineering at large and leadership should foster a mindset of service and collaboration to contribute to developer productivity and engagement.
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure that the systems you manage gain seamless, fast and wide-spread adoption. You will need to anticipate how growth and changes to our product offering will affect our infrastructure and make decisions around our infrastructure that will continually support and enhance development.
What you'll need
- Led platform and infrastructure organizations through high-growth phases at startups or at companies operating at tremendous scale. You will have either direct experience leading teams to scale production systems or have deep knowledge on best practices around managing large-scale, performant, secure systems and the teams that develop them.
- Strong technical knowledge of production systems that’ll help you weigh trade-offs and evaluate risks when designing for their future states. There are many ways to build systems but we’ll lean on you to determine the best path forward for our needs.
- An intuitive sense for building teams with an excellent track record of partnering with recruiting in order to do so. You should be excited to grow the team with new talent just as much as you are to develop our current team members to reach new levels.
- The ability to work at all levels of the organization to develop a vision for the platform, and build and maintain consensus around the strategic direction allowing us to meet the needs of large enterprise customers in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Experience with messaging systems, quality in production (Shift-Right testing), cloud concepts and how to secure them. At a minimum, you should have a working knowledge of the following technologies and methodologies to facilitate thoughtful discussion: SRE, DevOps, Release Engineering, Engineering Efficiency, AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, continuous integration/continuous deployment, etc.
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.