Engineering – Engineering
ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, is seeking an Android Engineer for a full-time job opportunity. We’re looking for someone that knows how to build beautiful and scalable Android applications. You’ll design and create services and system architecture, as well as contribute and provide feedback to your teammates. Our Apps Engineering team participates in brainstorming sessions that formulate new solutions for our technology, algorithms, and products. You’ll work in concert with our product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into pragmatic and effective technical solutions for our mobile users.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, 2+ years in Android (Java and/or Kotlin) programming, along with experience creating and building an Android application front-to-back, that’s gone through some serious scaling
- Experience with or interest in full software development life cycle activities - requirements management, technical design, implementation, and testing/release
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You have released at least one app on the Google Play Store or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with development support tools like Fabric, Crashlytics, Continuous Integration, Github, etc.
- Experience in developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Skills in messaging technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis)
- Experience in MySQL
- Xamarin and/or C# development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or work in related field
- Free Lunch Daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
- Wellness Perks (free gym, massages, meditation sessions)
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.