New York and San Francisco
Research Engineers at ASAPP work to fundamentally advance the science of NLP and ML toward our goal of deploying domain specific real-world AI solutions, and to apply those advances to our products. They leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, and our ability to deploy AI features into real-world use to ask and address fundamental research questions in novel ways.
We are expanding our research team and are looking for candidates with masters degrees, research experience in NLP or machine learning, outstanding communication skills, and strong software engineering skills.
If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and evaluate novel techniques to advance the fields of NLP and ML in the areas of interest to ASAPP
- Report and defend research findings internally and externally, creating a strong peer-reviewed publication record
- Guide and review productization of research findings by engineering teams
- Build and maintain research infrastructure and toolkits
- Assist in the creation of research datasets
- Collaborate with other functions at ASAPP and assist with technology transfer
What you'll need
- A masters degree in natural language processing, or any area of machine learning; or equivalent experience
- Relevant academic or industrial research experience
- The scientific curiosity and tenacity required to solve hard research problems
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
We'd like to see
- Peer reviewed publications in any area of machine learning
- Strong software engineering experience
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional, and productive team atmosphere
- Courteous, tactful, and concise communication skills
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Free catered lunch and dinner daily
- Fully stocked kitchen, snack room, and bar
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage
- Equity and 401(k)
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness perks and fitness stipend
- Beautiful office on the 80th floor of the World Trade Center with views of the entire city
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.