Security Engineer (Application)
New York and San Francisco
ASAPP is seeking a full-time Security Engineer to help us develop secure, scalable, and robust application services. You will be tasked with the implementation and maturation of existing ASAPP application security capabilities. They should be familiar with secure coding methodologies, code vulnerability detection systems, and live web application protection systems. Last, but not least, they should want to teach (and learn) from everyone on our team!
This individual will be part of our growing security, and will report to our Head of Security Engineering. You will be tasked with assisting in the maturation of our existing code security pipeline, and partnering with ASAPP engineering and infrastructure teams, leveraging ASAPP’s people and technology for maximum benefit, to code and deploy applications securely.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Mature and report on the success of the Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Develop and document technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout ASAPP.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against ASAPP products and services.
- Optionally involved in redteam and offensive security exercises.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience identifying, attacking, and mitigating common web and mobile application attack vectors (OWASP Top 10, Mobile Top 10).
- Deep understanding of web, and mobile application technologies.
- Experience building and running applications in Docker, Kubernetes, and AWSStrong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Free Lunch Daily
- Health benefits
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
- Wellness perks (free gym, etc)
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.