Distinguished Speech Scientist
New York /
Technology – Language Technology /
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
This role is onsite or hybrid flexible. We have offices in New York City, Northern California, and Bozeman.
What you'll do
- Drive research innovations to deliver state-of-the-art speech recognition for contact centers
- Develop strategic partnerships with NLP research leaders to jointly optimize speech and NLP systems
- Lead speech research collaborations, coach junior researchers, and demonstrate R&D principles
What you'll need
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in industry, academia, and/or non-profit research organizations preferred
- Proven record of strategic research leadership, including the ability to drive research programs and partnerships with stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to scientific, patient, and lay audiences
What we'd like to see
- Strong hands-on engineering skill with experience of writing production-level code
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solution-oriented, and highly-collaborative environment.
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Fitness and wellness stipend
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Mental well-being benefits
- Professional learning and development stipend
- Parental leave, including adoptive and foster parents
- 3 weeks paid time off (increases with tenure) and unlimited sick leave
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.
The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado or New York City only. Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado or New York City as well.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $250,000 - 288,000.
If you are a NYC applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in NYC, is $280,000 - 320,000.
- For Sales positions: this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.
- For Non-Sales positions: this role is eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.
The actual salary may be different depending upon non-discriminatory factors such as qualifications, experience, and other factors permitted by law. The range listed is just one component of ASAPP’s total compensation package; other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives, including the benefits listed above. #LI-MH1