Site Reliability Engineer
New York and San Francisco
Engineering – Engineering
ASAPP, an AI startup in New York and San Francisco, is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer for a full-time job opportunity. This role may sit in either location. Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for the overall performance and reliability of ASAPP's infrastructure and products. SREs design and implement the tools that automate building reliable and performant systems.
What makes Site Reliability Engineering different at ASAPP?
- We emphasize building tools over manual processes. We implement, not administer. We’re obsessed with automation, not repetition
- Our job is to focus on building reliable infrastructure and tools for our product teams so that they can solve customer problems and deliver new features, not reinvent platforms
What do Site Reliability Engineers at ASAPP do?
- Work with product engineering teams on service architecture and implementation
- Deliver configuration as code and automate everything
- Direct and implement monitoring and alerting systems to support rapid problem diagnosis
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and design and deliver resolutions
- Work on our Kubernetes / AWS infrastructure to support our product engineers
- Write software to enable secure and performant communication in our production systems
The following experience is relevant to us:
- A minimum of 4 years bringing software to production at high scale
- Participation in on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Understanding of complex systems and failure scenarios
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of AWS services, containers and container management frameworks
- Familiarity with Message Bus based systems and distributed architectures
- Proficiency in Python and/or Go
Perks of working at ASAPP HQ:
- Free Lunch Daily
- Beautiful office on the 80th floor of One World Trade Center
- Health benefits
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
- Wellness perks (free gym, etc)
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.