Data Scientist, Measurement
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
In this role, you will apply analytics to develop a rigorous, data-driven approach to productivity measurement and development. You’ll work closely with our Product team to create datasets, metrics, and reports that give insights into how our product is performing and use those insights to improve business outcomes. If you love an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, startup-paced execution, and strong collaboration with all parts of an organization, ASAPP is an ideal environment for you.
What you’ll do
- Use modeling to develop a deep understanding of how our product provides value to our clients and their customers, and to identify and quantify opportunities for creating additional value.
- Collaborate with the Product team to evaluate the effectiveness of current features, and identify new opportunities.
- Work with the Engineering team on new instrumentation.
- Design and evaluate test strategies and metrics.
What you'll need
- Suggest 5+ years of data science experience.
- Expertise using analytics to drive product improvement.
- Expertise in a statistical programming language (we use Python and R), plus SQL.
- Experience presenting research findings to a non-technical audience.
What we'd like to see
- Graduate degree in a quantitative or technical subject.
- Experience with one of deep learning, NLP, Bayesian statistics.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Communication in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Enthusiasm and desire to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.