Senior Security Engineer
New York and San Francisco
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown New York City, is looking for someone to champion application security throughout the company and build it into our organization’s DNA. Our security engineer will work with fellow engineers, as well as clients of the company, to ensure we’re designing and implementing secure systems and integrations. They should be familiar with application security and be comfortable working in a variety of domains including web, mobile, and the API layer. Last, but not least, they should want to teach (and learn) from everyone on our team!
This individual will be part of our growing security team in the NY office, and will report to our Head of Security. From the get-go, the Engineer will be tasked with assisting in the build of our security infrastructure, and eventually your focus will shift to day-to-day operations and break/fix. You’ll promote secure coding practices within the software development teams and work on the improvement of existing tools as well as the development of new tools. We’ll need you to analyze regular vulnerability assessment, patching reports, and escalate based on risk.
You'll need to have
- 3+ years of experience in application security
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of at least one of the following; application security, system security, authentication/authorization protocols, or cryptography
- The ability to recognize, adopt, use, and recommend best practices in security engineering
- Experience in security vulnerability assessments and remediation techniques
- An understanding of modern web application architecture and how to secure it (OWASP)
- A solid understanding of networking protocols and operations engineering (specifically Linux)
We'd like to see
- Experience in threat modeling and risk identification
- Knowledge of threat modeling and other security risk identification methods
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Interest in the unending list of newly released vulnerabilities, attacks and security research
- An effective communicator who engages well with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Free Lunch Daily
- Health benefits
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
- Wellness perks (free gym, etc)
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.