Staff Product Designer
Mountain View /
Product – Product Design /
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
ASAPP is seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our passionate and cross-functional Design team that works on ASAPP’s suite of AI-Native products.
As a Staff Product Designer, you will help research, define, and design AI-enabled experiences that reach millions of users every day through our growing list of Fortune 50 clients. The team works on a diverse array of experiences from easy-to-use consumer applications to feature rich professional tools - all with the goal of reinventing how enterprise companies interact with their customers. Designing for (and with) AI, you will be uncovering truly unique design challenges that have little precedent or pattern for solving.
This role is onsite or hybrid flexible. We have offices in New York City, Northern California, and Bozeman.
What you’ll do
- You will be hands-on in a highly collaborative (yet autonomous) design environment to help create best-in-class digital experiences
- Design highly performant UI solutions that maximize the potential for AI
- Contribute to our design system and establish UI/UX patterns across the product
- Collaborate with world-class ML and NLP researchers, engineers, data scientists, strategists, and more
- Partner with fellow engineering and product leaders to establish customer-focused product visions along with tactical strategies for delivering value in a scalable / iterative manner
- Move quickly, while working alongside engineers, seeing your work deployed in days and weeks, not months and years
- Learn what works and iterate on your designs through a mixture of scrappy testing, formal UX research, and scientific analysis of launched features
- Mentor and collaborate with other designers while participating in regular design critiques and sketch sessions
- Play an active role in growing our passionate, supportive, and creative team culture
What you'll need
- 5+ years design experience with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between UX, UI and visual design
- A proven track record of successful design in uncharted territories, where design patterns have not clearly been established
- The ability and willingness to mentor fellow designers
- Experience working within and contributing to design systems
- Demonstrated ability to help teams navigate ambiguity, set vision, and persevere through hardships
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- A self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project you work on
- Ability to balance and self-manage your work but never lose sight of being a team player of a multi-discipline team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization and thereby influencing product design strategy
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- Must be ego-free and able to take and give clear feedback
- Sense of ownership is key, balanced with the ability to be humble, flexible and accommodating
What we'd like to see
- Bonus points for experience designing dense, feature-rich applications or professional tools where performance and engagement are critical
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Fitness and wellness stipend
- Mental well-being benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Professional learning and development stipend
- Parental leave, including adoptive and foster parents
- 3 weeks paid time off (increases with tenure) and unlimited sick leave
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.
The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado or New York City only. Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado or New York City as well.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $153,000 - 176,000.
If you are a NYC applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in NYC, is $170,000 - 195,000.
- For Sales positions: this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.
- For Non-Sales positions: this role is eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.
The actual salary may be different depending upon non-discriminatory factors such as qualifications, experience, and other factors permitted by law. The range listed is just one component of ASAPP’s total compensation package; other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives, including the benefits listed above. #LI-CM1