C++ Backend Engineer
Mountain View, CA
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown NYC, is seeking full-time C++ Backend Engineer to join our early stage Speech team in our San Francisco Bay Area office. This is a critical role to help us revolutionize our customer interaction platform. If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
What you'll do
- Develop scalable and robust full-duplex streaming speech services (ASR/TTS etc.) in C++ from scratch by leveraging frameworks such as grpc
- Service performance optimization for throughput, latency etc.
- Work closely with speech modeling experts and speech engine developers
What you'll need
- Bachelor or M.S. in Computer Science, or related fields
- Proficiency in C++ languages, strong software engineering experience
- Knowledge of serialization frameworks such as protobuf
- Decent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork spirit and strong communication skills
We'd like to see
- Experienced with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiar with networking protocols such as websocket/http
- Experienced with cloud-based speech applications, or knowledge of how speech recognition or synthesis works
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional, and productive team atmosphere
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Free lunch daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Wellness perks
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.