ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, is seeking a Backend Engineer for a full-time job opportunity. The ideal candidate will share our passion for developing scalable, easy-to-use products.
You’ll have strong experience with either Go, Python, C++, Java, or Ruby. You’ll hopefully have experience with architecture and mentoring (though not totally necessary) -- and you’re ready to really put those skills to work.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience building software with either Python, Java, Go, or C++ (we use Go, but we'll teach you if you haven't used it)
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Totally comfortable with all aspects of backend engineering (and if you have some frontend engineering experience, we also have fullstack roles available
We'd love to see:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Service Oriented Software Architectures
- Web service development, REST or SOAP APIs
- Scalable distributed applications experience
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Annual performance bonus program
- Free Lunch Daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Coverage (OSDE 410 for the family group)
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Wellness Perks
- Gym reimbursement
- Mac equipment
- 15 days of paid time off
- Training and development
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.