Senior Text-to-Speech Researcher
ASAPP, an AI startup headquartered in downtown NYC, is seeking full-time Senior Text-To-Speech Researcher to join our early stage Speech team in our San Francisco Bay Area office. This is a critical role to help us revolutionize our customer interaction platform. If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
What you'll do:
- Develop and extend speech synthesis technologies to make our voice as natural as a human's (voice)!
- Develop and apply algorithms to annotate prosody and voice quality in expressive speech synthesis corpora
- Carry out a listener evaluation study of expressive synthetic speech
What you'll need:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech Synthesis or Machine Learning
- Experience building and tuning state of the art parametric and/or unit selection Text-To-Speech systems
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork spirit
- Strong communication skills
We'd like to see:
- Experience with end-to-end speech synthesis such as Tacotron and WaveNet vocoder
- Knowledge of Lexer, text normalizer, part of speech, letter to sound
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional, and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Free lunch daily
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Wellness perks
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.