Research Scientist, Natural Language Processing
New York and San Francisco
ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, is seeking a full-time Research Scientist specializing in Natural Language Processing to help us advance the field of Conversational AI and revolutionize our customer interaction platform. If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
What you'll do:
- Conduct novel and impactful research to advance the field of natural language processing, deep learning and machine learning
- Be actively involved in the research community by publishing in top-tier conferences
- Leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, identify research problems that are directly related to our business and products
- Prototype and productionize your research outcome by collaborating with other functions at ASAPP
What you'll need:
- PhD in with a focus on Natural Language Processing, or equivalent experience
- Ability to independently develop and drive original research initiatives
- Solid record of peer reviewed publications
- Strong communication skills
What we'd like to see:
- Familiar with at least one of the deep learning toolkits, such as Pytorch, Tensorflow and MxNet
- Solid coding skills
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Free Lunch Daily
- Amazing office on the 80th floor of World Trade Center
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.