Security Engineer, Application
Compliance, Security and Enterprise Engineering – Security Engineering
At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
As a a full-time Security Engineer you will help us develop secure, scalable, and robust application services. You will be tasked with the implementation and maturation of existing ASAPP application security capabilities. You should be familiar with secure coding methodologies, code vulnerability detection systems, and live web application protection systems. Last, but not least, you should want to teach (and learn) from everyone on our team!
This individual will be part of our growing security, and will report to our Head of Security Engineering. You will be tasked with assisting in the maturation of our existing code security pipeline, and partnering with ASAPP engineering and infrastructure teams, leveraging ASAPP’s people and technology for maximum benefit, to code and deploy applications securely.
Important: we are considering this role full time remote position for outstanding applicants that live outside the Buenos Aires city area.
What you'll do
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Mature and report on the success of the Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Develop and document technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout ASAPP.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against ASAPP products and services.
- Optionally involved in redteam and offensive security exercises.
What you'll need
- Extensive experience identifying, attacking, and mitigating common web and mobile application attack vectors (OWASP Top 10, Mobile Top 10).
- Deep understanding of web, and mobile application technologies.
- Experience building and running applications in Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What we'd like to see
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Involvement in the Security community and events participation is a plus
- Experience in product oriented environments
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Free lunch daily
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-DNI