Research Scientist, Reinforcement Learning
New York and San Francisco
ASAPP, an AI startup in downtown NYC, is seeking a full-time Research Scientist specializing in Reinforcement Learning to help us solve disparate learning problems related to our product due to the wide variety of existing models, and the corresponding variety in feedback.
Research Scientists at ASAPP work to fundamentally advance the science towards our goal of deploying domain specific real-world AI solutions. They leverage the massive amounts of data generated by our products, and our ability to deploy AI features into real-world use to ask and address fundamental research questions in novel ways.
We are expanding our research team, and are looking for candidates with PhDs, a strong record of peer-reviewed publications, and the ability to independently develop and drive original research programs.
What you'll work on:
- Identify application areas for RL relevant to ASAPP, formulate research programs for those areas, and provide guidance & drive for selected research program(s)
- Socialize research findings within ASAPP, advocate for applications of findings, and guide productionize
- Document patent and/or publish significant experimental findings
- Design research roadmap to materially improve our understanding of reinforcement learning and it’s application to our problem areas
What you'll need:
- PhD in Computer Science with a focus on Reinforcement Learning; or equivalent experience
- Experience applying Reinforcement Learning to partially observable discrete state & action spaces
- A strong record of peer reviewed publications
What we'd like to see:
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning applied to controlling GUIs, computer systems, or complex games
- Experience working with separate exploration & action policies; multi-level/hierarchical policies; multi-objective reinforcement learning; inverse RL / apprenticeship learning
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Ability to present to / directly communicate with our enterprise customers about research findings; and our language design decisions
- Free Lunch Daily
- Amazing office on the 80th floor of World Trade Center
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Stocked Kitchen and Bar
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.