Backend Software Engineer
As a member of Ascend’s backend engineering team, you will design, implement, and scale a variety of micro-services that power the entire Ascend platform. You will demonstrate your experience and satiate your curiosity, while integrating with the most modern big data and infrastructure platforms in the world. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- Design and manage robust, simple, and maintainable systems.
- Drive architectural design decisions that improve the scalability, performance, and efficiency of our backend systems.
- Integrate and use a wide array of technologies, including AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud services.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve team speed and efficiency.
- Actively participate in our evolving engineering process.
What we look for:
- Architect: you're passionate about architecture and designing for scale. You were doing HA back in high school, and micro-service architectures in college.
- Breadth: you have an unparalleled ability to utilize a large range of technologies to provide unique solutions for your users.
- Scale: you have significant experience designing, deploying, and scaling big data systems operating at terabytes per day.
- Polish: you are well versed in monitoring and automation.
- Skills: you've worked with Go and similar languages in the past.
- Experience: you have 3+ years of industry experience.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Caltrain shuttle
- Free lunches, dinners & snacks
- Fancy espresso machine
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. One of our core values is, "integrity" simply put, we do the right thing, always.