Frontend Software Engineer
As a member of Ascend’s frontend engineering team, you will research, design, and implement user experiences that change the way the world works with data. You will have the opportunity to connect users with capabilities they never thought possible, and remap complex big data concepts to familiar mental models. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- Participate in defining and driving the next generation of front-end development on a cross-functional team.
- Work alongside back-end developers to create scalable solutions to front-end engineering challenges.
- Drive quick iterations of design, dev, testing, and deploying -- often many times a day.
- Cultivate an appreciation for good design, and the desire to translate visual ideas into working code.
- Build positive relationships with customers by observing, leading focus groups, and shadowing test experiences with our product to build a better user experience.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new standard methodologies for the team.
- Collaborate in a team environment where you can learn from your peers, and they from you.
What we look for:
- Product Sense: you have incredible product sense. In fact, you've probably been recruited to join both Product and UX teams in the past, but still prefer cutting code over all else.
- Dynamic: the front-end world changes every day. While others find this distracting, you flourish with this continual challenge. You are confident yet humble when making front-end decisions, and enjoy investigating new tools that will enhance user experience.
- Impeccable code hygiene: you're not fazed by the fact that some of your work will be open sourced, and in fact, think that's pretty cool.
- Skills: You know the value of frameworks like React/Redux, Node, Webpack, Express, and can articulate the differences or similarities between them.
- Experience: you have 3+ years of experience.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Caltrain shuttle
- Free lunches, dinners & snacks
- Fancy espresso machine
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. One of our core values is, "integrity" simply put, we do the right thing, always.