Frontend Engineer (US. Remote Optional)
Ascend's mission is to enable every organization to innovate faster by harnessing the power of data automation. We help customers spend more time building pipeline logic and analyzing data and allow the Ascend platform to simplify and accelerate data from ingest, transformation, orchestration, observability and delivery. We have been named as one of the "Best Places to Work" by Built In for 2023!
We are looking for an extraordinary developer with a keen eye for design for the role of Frontend Engineer. As a member of our frontend engineering team you will research, design, and implement user experiences that change the way the world works with data. You will have the opportunity to connect users with capabilities they never thought possible, and remap complex big data concepts to familiar mental models. As an early member in the team, you will also have tremendous influence over architecture decisions as well as the final product.
What you will do
- Participate in defining and driving the next generation of front-end development on a cross-functional team.
- Work alongside back-end developers to create scalable solutions to front-end engineering challenges.
- Drive quick iterations of design, dev, testing, and deploying with product managers - often many times a day.
- Cultivate an appreciation for good design, and the desire to translate visual ideas into working code.
- Build positive relationships with customers by observing, leading focus groups, and shadowing test experiences with our product to build a better user experience.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new standard methodologies for the team.
- Collaborate in a team environment where you can learn from your peers, and they from you.
- Get your hands dirty and play with tools in the big data ecosystem, wearing hats of data engineers and scientists.
What we look for:
- Product Sense: you have incredible product sense. In fact, you've probably been recruited to join both Product and UX teams in the past, but still prefer cutting code over all else.
- Dynamic: the front-end world changes every day. While others find this distracting, you flourish with this continual challenge. You are confident yet humble when making front-end decisions, and enjoy investigating new tools that will enhance user experience.
- Impeccable code hygiene: you're not fazed by the fact that some of your work will be open sourced, and in fact, think that's pretty cool.
- Skills: you are fluent in a modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc), and have dived deep into its ecosystem.
- Experience: you have 3+ years of experience working in the front-end or full-stack organization.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Remote Friendly
The reasonably estimated base salary for this role ranges from $92,000 - $250,000 USD, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.