Do you want to work on cutting edge technologies with an experienced team from diverse backgrounds? Do you want to bring your innovation to the next generation of big data platform? Come be a Solution Architect at a well funded big data startup!
You will help our customers vastly accelerate their data projects, guiding their way through proof of concepts, implementations and rollout. You will have the opportunity to design and build effective data solutions. You’ll need to be innovative in understanding customer business needs and finding creative ways to adapt the solution to thrill the customer. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- You will architect the customer solution, map the customer needs to the Ascend product, and define the approach to integrating it into the customer context. You will lead deep-dive sessions with prospects, configuring and presenting demos. You will help to extend the product by implementing domain-specific solutions.
- You will have a front-row seat to what it really takes to make customers successful deploying the Ascend product. As such you are in the best position to be the “voice of the customer” and make sure the engineering team hears the practical feedback necessary to make the product better and our customers more successful.
- In addition to architecting the solution, you’ll be expected to be hands-on in implementing the customer solution, working hand-in-hand with the customer team and the Ascend product team.
- Act as the day-to-day primary point of contact for the customer team as they evaluate the product, define their intended solution, implement, and roll-out. Working hand-in-hand with the customer’s project manager, you’ll be the project manager from Ascend’s point of view, coordinating any resources that are needed to make the customer successful.
- You will drive onboarding, adoption, usage, and support for early customers.
What we look for:
- Experience designing and building big data applications using Hadoop, Spark and other modern platforms
- Familiarity with data warehouses and BI tools
- Familiarity with at least 1 scripting language such as Bash, Perl or Python.
- 3+ years experience implementing software
- Experience with software development
- Experience leading consulting engagements preferred. Significant involvement in pre-sale solutioning is a plus.
- All of the usual skills for a position like this: Strong written and oral communication, intelligence, flexibility, self-direction, etc.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Free lunches, dinners & snacks
- Fancy espresso machine
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. One of our core values is, "integrity" simply put, we do the right thing, always.