As an Infrastructure Engineer at Ascend.io, you will design, construct, and scale our infrastructure services. You will have the chance to help define and evangelize infrastructure and engineering standard methodologies, and pull from your experience to develop creative solutions to a variety of infrastructure challenges. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- You will design and own system configuration, infrastructure provisioning, production deployments, system monitoring, and alerting.
- Evangelize and advocate best practices for reliability, logging, monitoring, build and testing.
- Write high-quality code (Python, Scala and Go) and author tools that automate everything possible.
- You will solve issues spanning multiple systems and technology stacks.
- You are willing to “carry the pager” (alongside the rest of the team), but prefer building systems stable enough that you rarely get paged.
What we look for:
- Architects: You have a strong understanding of application architectures and how to build and manage large-scale systems. You have concrete understanding of distributed systems, application design, and their operational impacts.
- Performance: You are an expert at system performance and monitoring.
- Automation: You have good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration; familiarity with Bazel and CircleCI a plus.
- Knowledge: You have experience with infrastructure services such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and Cassandra. You have a deep understanding of containers and container orchestration; experience with Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience: Minimum 3+ years in DevOps/SRE roles in large scale environments. Experience operating a production service on AWS and GCP.
- Education: BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Paid parking or transit stipend
- Free lunches, dinners & snacks
- Fancy espresso machine
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.