Scientist, Viral Vector Synthetic Biology
Boston, MA /
Synthetic Biology /
Our mission at Asimov is to radically advance humankind's ability to design living systems. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable biotechnologies with outsized impact, with an initial focus on gene therapies, cell therapies, and protein therapeutics.
We are seeking a full-time Scientist, Viral Vector Synthetic Biology to program viral delivery systems using state-of-the-art genetic engineering and analysis techniques. The ideal candidate is driven by the question of how to engineer and understand complex biological systems. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the foundation for biological engineering.
As part of the Synthetic Biology team, you will:
- Design, build, and test innovative genetic platforms and programs in viral systems for therapeutic applications
- Create experimental workflows and collect quantitative measurements for engineered viruses including flow cytometry and multiomics techniques
- Analyze and distill insight from complex molecular data streams
- Collaborate frequently with the Software Team to incorporate biological design principles and experimental datasets into the computational pipeline
- Communicate methods and results with other scientists, industry executives, and academic researchers
- Organize and document experiments, genetic designs, and data
- Work effectively as part of a multifunctional team in support of a synthetic biology design platform
- Ph.D. in Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience doing research in an academic or industry lab setting
- Skilled in molecular biology and cell culture techniques
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Quantitative data analysis expertise
- Experience in flow cytometry, -omics, and analytical techniques a plus
- Experience with bioproduction and GMP regulation a plus
- Experience with gene editing techniques a plus
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.