Senior Computational Biologist
Boston, MA /
Computational Biology /
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are searching for a Senior Computational Biologist with deep domain experience in multi-omics analysis to join our team. At Asimov, data is core to our platform. We genetically engineer living cells and refine our designs using high-dimensional NGS data using RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ribosome profiling, genome sequencing, and more. The ideal candidate is motivated by designing complex cellular systems and distilling insight from large biological datasets. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the foundation for engineering biology.
About the role:
- Contribute to the design and analysis of engineered mammalian cell lines
- Work closely with bench scientists by guiding experimental workflows and quantitative measurements to ensure statistical rigor
- Regularly dive deep into the multiomics stack, innovate on analysis techniques, and present findings to our organization, leadership, and partners
- Explore novel genomics and machine learning algorithms
- Pair with our software engineers to automate the lifecycle of our cell programming platform through NGS analysis and cutting edge machine learning methods
- Be directly involved in the long-term computational biology roadmap at Asimov
- Be directly involved in building our technology platform, business strategy, and company culture
- You are a highly skilled technical leader in computational biology interested in engineering biology, and with years of experience in an industry or research position.
- You are passionate about joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn, and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego.
- You embrace ambiguity and always drive for impact. In addition, you have extensive experience with software scripting (e.g., Python and R), bioinformatic toolsets, high-performance and cloud computing, a strong foundation in statistics and statistical design of experiments, a collaborative mindset, and a passion for continuous learning.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.