Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our Engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Science team. This engineer will develop and maintain data architectures and large scale processing systems that power our machine learning. They will build pipelines for integrating internal and third party data while ensuring high data integrity. They will work with our data science team to ensure data availability and scalability for continuous deployment of data science models and serving predictions to production environments.
- Architect data lakes from internal and external data sources to meet requirements from the data teams and engineering stakeholders
- Define and implement data governance procedures such as access and integrity mechanisms
- Create, maintain and monitor pipelines for regular data processing while ensuring data reliability, quality and efficiency
- Identify, design and implement projects for automating manual processes and ensuring data availability at scales
- Collaborate with data science and business stakeholders to address data issues and support their needs
- Architect and maintain event streams and real time data replication
- Clearly translate business and technical requirements into architectural designs and documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in data engineering, data architecture or equivalent
- 3+ years with cloud infrastructure providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc)
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Scala or others
- Expert with SQL, NoSQL and other database dialects
- Ability to collaborate with DevOps and other engineers to ensure reliable production availability
- Experience with AWS and Redshift
- Architectural and implementation with Kinesis or other event stream technologies
- Familiar with big data processing tools like Spark or Hadoop
- Knowledge of distributed system implementation and design
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.