iOS - Sr. Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Mobile Engineer at Favor you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our native mobile applications. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’!
- Assists in research and fact finding to develop or modify applications
- Fixes bugs and performs updates to the code base while working closely with senior engineers
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects
- Partner with multi-disciplinary technology teams to integrate solutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 - 8 years of software engineering experience
- Can design and build technical solutions without direct oversight
- Knowledge of coding patterns and their applicable uses to write performant, testable code
- Utilizes data structures and algorithms to solve problems
- Ability to write tests that cover most common use cases and code paths
- Able to use design patterns to design efficient, maintainable, and scalable features
- Has had experience developing solutions within a system architecture such as SOA, Event-driven, or n-tier
- Can read through code and identify areas that may lead to bugs
- Can make updates to existing APIs by adding endpoints, changing responses, and handling errors
- Identifies and communicates potential issues early and significantly contributes to team discussions
- Appreciate simple design
- Love to write clean, well tested code - test first or TDD approaches a plus
- Like working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment
- Have experience in a high-growth startup
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have experience or familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: Swift, XCUITest
Life at Favor:
Benefits: We offer premium health, vision, dental, and life insurance, alongside 401(k) options. We go beyond the basics, while also throwing in Favor delivery fee credit and H-E-B discounts!
Paid time off (PTO): We offer unlimited PTO for salaried employees (that’s actually unlimited) and ample vacation time to all team members.
Learning and development: We encourage personal growth and education through Intern(al)ships and Learning Labs taught by Favor team members and external facilitators.
Community: Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, weekly happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion: At Favor, we believe that to be the best delivery app in Texas, we need to represent all Texans. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Flexible work options:
Favor supports an in-person, hybrid, or fully-remote work environment (depending on the job role) from select states across the U.S.!
At this time, we are not able to support employment in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. If you are located in one of these states but are open to relocation, we welcome your application!