San Francisco, CA
Tia is the next-gen women’s health platform fusing empathy & innovation to help women thrive.
Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers & data enthusiasts have seen first-hand how women's needs have been radically underserved and underestimated, and are on a mission to build a new distinctly female care model from the ground up, online and offline.
Tia’s ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinic, a real-world gynecology & wellness practice based in NYC — is connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care that focuses on listening and learning all about women and their holistic needs, from anatomy to emotions, from gut health to getting it on. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
We are looking for a highly driven, product-oriented developer eager to join an early stage team.
Your foremost responsibility will be to develop the backend systems that power Tia, encompassing the AskTia iOS app, TiaMD enterprise iPad app for doctors, and our patient portal web app.
Most immediately, your responsibilities will be to support our existing microservice infrastructure with a specific focus on building robust API’s & enabling data collection through our universal health record. In the less immediate future, your role will entail architecture design to scale our backend systems, supporting our expanding number of clinics and growing user base.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and is based in San Francisco.
- You have an intense drive to achieve excellence, are creative, lean, and pay close attention to detail
- You are a self-starter and highly independent, but also seek-out a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- You love design-thinking and rapid prototyping
- You have experience with backend development (Node.js, RDBMS, APIs)
- Experience with NLP, websockets, AWS, HTML/CSS/JS, EHRs, HIPAA is a plus
- You thrive in working with interdisciplinary teams, aka you’re cool talking tech with non techies
- You’re passionate about women’s healthcare
- You are located or willing to move to San Francisco
What you’ll do
- Work with the data science team to develop algorithms that provide predictive insights for doctors enabling them to make more informed decisions about their patients
- Work closely with the web and iOS frontend teams to build REST APIs that power the UI of each of our products
- Build tools that transform unstructured natural language conversations into automated conversations that can be deployed at scale
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop high quality code equipped with unit & integration tests, code reviews, architecture, design, and implementation
- Manage our CI/CD pipeline for deployments to every environment
- Collaborate with Head of Design & Head of Product to define product vision, roadmap & ship new features
- Establish direct relationships with our clinical staff to fully understand their needs and how they use our products
- Design, develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly
Why you'll love working at Tia
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously
- Working at Tia means that you have an immediate impact on the product and thus real doctors and patients
- You have a huge opportunity to shape Tia, from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins -- while our culture is defined it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Tia
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful solutions -- all while operating in a lean, start-up environment
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job
- Collaborative thinking is our mojo and you will have the opportunity to work across all functions of the business
- We’re a tight-knit team that focuses on celebrating each other’s wins, and improving one another through the losses
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you're are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to waves in women's healthcare, join us!