San Francisco, CA /
Trim is a venture-backed fintech startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make Americans financially healthy at scale. In the past five years, we've saved our users more than $55M.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to own and scale the P&L of one of Trim’s core business units as the company embarks on its next phase of growth. This role requires a strong penchant for collaboration, comfort with ambiguity, and the desire to wear many hats. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment to own a P&L, lead a team, and scale a business, please apply!
This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Own the P&L of the Bill Negotiation operation including top-line revenue and gross margins on both the B2C and B2B lines of business;
- Partner with COO on budget and team growth strategy including build-out of cross-functional expertise within the Bill Negotiation business unit;
- Own reporting of Bill Negotiation performance to management and broader team;
- Own and drive Bill Negotiation team OKRs that align to overall company goals;
- Spearhead and champion operational and product improvements to improve core KPIs such as margin and user retention;
- Develop deep understanding of Bill Negotiation product, operation, and business levers and serve as Trim’s SME;
- Occasionally wear the Product hat and partner with Product and Engineering to identify and implement product improvements to the Bill Negotiation system;
- Own the relationship and contracts with Trim’s Business Process Outsourcing partners, fostering strong partnerships and a culture of continuous improvement;
- Manage a team of 2 Business Operations Managers and a workforce of 100+ operations contractors across different timezones and continents;
- Collaborate closely with Trim’s management team on company strategic direction including OKRs, product roadmapping, financial forecasting and budgeting, hiring, etc.
- Experience owning a P&L and delivering on financial results;
- At least 3+ years in an operating role at a technology company with specific experience in project management;
- At least 2+ years of management experience;
- At least 8+ years of overall experience;
- Data driven and results oriented mentality with a bias to action;
- Financial modeling and forecasting experience;
- High degree of business acumen and professionalism;
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments.
- Management Consulting or Finance background;
- Experience working directly with BPO partners;
- Experience working at early stage companies;
- SQL skills will aid you in ramping up quickly.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid parental leave.
- When we return to the office: easy commute to our office at 544 Market Street (right off Montgomery BART) and standard start-up perks: free lunches, delicious snacks, and plenty of succulents.
- Weekly happy hours (virtual, for now), monthly cross-team events, and once we are back IRL, quarterly company outings like whitewater rafting, skiing in Tahoe, and Sonoma vineyard tours!
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Candidates for a full-time employment offer will be asked to undergo a background check.