DevOps Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Trim's mission is to improve the financial well-being of hardworking Americans and over the past five years, we've saved our users more than $70 million. Trim was recently acquired by OneMain Financial which will enable us to massively scale our impact. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our 600,000 active users and many more to come!
We are a highly collaborative team and bring our best selves to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers. We are looking for people who embody our company's core values: Customer Obsessed, Unstoppable Owners, Truth-Seeking, Constantly Evolving, and Compassionate Colleagues.
We are a remote-first company. Our team is distributed across the U.S. and has access to a network of OneMain offices in New York City, Baltimore, Wilmington, Austin, and Chicago.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team and own our infrastructure and SRE needs. You’ll quickly come up to speed on our existing technology and work with stakeholders—primarily engineers and product—to dramatically improve our SDLC process and infrastructure. This position sits within the Trim Organization within OneMain Financial’s digital engineering team.
What will you do?
- Continue to build out and maintain our AWS infrastructure as we continue to scale.
- Provide technical counsel in defining large architectural initiatives in scalable ways.
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Implement and maintain systems for monitoring, alerting, and platform management across the technology and product stack.
- Manage and iterate on our On-Call policies and share On-Call responsibilities with the engineering team.
- Own the entire CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments.
- Represent Trim development and security operations in interfacing with OneMain stakeholders to ensure alignment to company standards while enabling rapid development on Trim’s engineering team.
- Maintain familiarity with the codebase such that you can contribute to feature development when opportunities arise.
Technologies we use:
- Server: Ruby on Rails and Node
- Infrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambda, ECS, S3, CloudFront, API Gateway), Convox, and Docker
- DevTools: DataDog, Sentry, Heap, LaunchDarkly, GitHub, and CircleCI
Ideal candidates will have:
- A passion for helping improve people’s financial health
- 4+ years of related DevOps experience with web-based applications.
- Familiarity with agile development practices.
- Strong familiarity with AWS.
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault tolerant systems at scale.
- Current understanding of best security practices.A drive toward automating repetitive tasks.
Why work at Trim @ OneMain Financial?
- Opportunity to work at a start-up inside of a 100-year-old public company: all the dynamism of a start-up culture with the stability and financial resources of a highly profitable enterprise.
- We are a mission-driven, highly collaborative team who keeps our customer at the forefront of our strategy and decisions.
- We are growing rapidly with many new and exciting challenges on both technical and operational fronts.
- We have a remote-first distributed team enabling both high performance and work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and total compensation; full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 4% 401k match
- Team fun: Bi-Weekly Happy Hours, Random Monthly Events, Games Lunches, Team Offsites, and Trim Treats
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and financial services industry to apply.
Trim @ OneMain Financial is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.