Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Trim's mission is to make Americans financially healthy at scale. In the past five years, we've saved our users more than $70 Million. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our over 600,000 active users.
We are growing fast and looking for Software Engineers who will work collaboratively with our team of Engineers to design, build, deploy, and maintain software across our stack.
We are a highly collaborative team and bring our best selves to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers. We are looking for people who embody our company's core values of Customer Obsessed, Unstoppable Ownership, Truth-Seeking, Constantly Evolving, and Compassionate Colleagues.
Trim is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain robust APIs and services to power our product.
- Develop, articulate, and prioritize software requirements, working closely with the product, growth and operation teams.
- Improve the performance, robustness, and scalability of our systems.
- Invest in tools and automation to improve productivity across the whole team.
- Teach, mentor and learn from your teammates. Lead and participate in internal tech talks.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs. Navigate between shipping quickly and long-term maintainability.
Technologies we use:
- Server: Ruby on Rails and Node
- Infrastructure: AWS, PostgreSQL, Convox, and Docker
- DevTooling: Github, CircleCI, Datalog, Sentry, Launchdarkly, and Heap
Ideal candidates will have:
- A passion for helping improve people’s financial health
- 5+ years of full time development experience with a focus on server-side application and API development
- Deep understanding of fundamentals of REST APIs and Service Oriented Architecture
- Demonstrable interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques
- Experience collaborating with and mentoring teammates
- Experience and comfort with backend development
- Solid understanding of SOLID OOD principle
- Experience with ORMs and DB architecture
Why work at Trim?
- Grow as both an engineer and technical leader
- Move quickly and gain significant ownership over your results
- Work with our talented, positive, and highly-collaborative team
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team events: Bi-Weekly Happy Hours, Random Monthly Events, Games Lunches, Team Offsites, and Trim Treats
- Unlimited PTO
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.