Lead Software Engineer, Full-Stack
San Francisco, CA
Trim is a venture backed fintech startup based in San Francisco. Founded with the mission of making people financially healthy at scale, we have saved our users millions of dollars since our founding 4 years ago, and we have just scratched the surface.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on technical leader to join our engineering team. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our users, and will affect hundreds of thousands of users. You will leverage a strong drive and desire to get things done in a fast-paced environment while supporting and elevating your peers across the engineering team.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the CTO.
What will you do?
- Lead technical projects from idea through planning, architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment into production, in collaboration with a team of high-performing software engineers.
- Spend the majority of your time on hands-on technical architecture, design, and implementation.
- Work closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams to solve complex business problems and be a strong advocate for product and engineering excellence.
- Use data-driven development and decision making to improve the performance, robustness, and scalability of our systems.
- Invest in tools and automation to scale the team’s impact and productivity.
- Teach and mentor other engineers, helping them grow to reach their career goals.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
Technologies we use
- Client: ES6, React, Redux
- Server: Ruby on Rails, Python
- Infrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS (RDS, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, and others), Convox, Docker, Heroku, Redshift
What we look for
- History of technical ownership for significant engineering projects
- 8+ years of full time, full-stack web application development experience across frontend, backend, and infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience building backend services and APIs with frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js, or similar
- Solid understanding of relational database modeling, design, and performance analysis
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with a strong desire to go into the details
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, early-stage startup with the ability to earn trust across the team
- A keen eye for product and user experience
- Ability to think critically and independently
Why work at Trim?
- Work with our high-performing, upbeat, and highly-collaborative team.
- Move quickly and gain significant ownership over your results.
- Commute easily to our office at 14th and Market St. in San Francisco.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Standard start-up perks: catered lunches, delicious snacks, and a variety of succulents.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.