Anywhere in US /
Trim's mission is to make Americans financially healthy at scale. In the past five years, we've saved our users more than $60M. Our goal is to bring the highest possible level of financial health to the highest number of users.
We are a highly collaborative team. We bring our best selves to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers. In practice, this means we self-organize around pair programming, we regularly hold sessions to share what we’ve learned with the rest of the team, and we go out of our way to unblock others. New engineers are often surprised by the high level of support they receive from their teammates.
We actively encourage learning and development, both through the sharing sessions mentioned above and through regular reimbursement for learning expenses. We are strong believers in growing each other as a way of leveling up the team.
Our teams are growing, and we find ourselves in need of an Engineering lead to design, build, deploy, and maintain software across our stack.
Your work will directly improve the financial health of our ½ million + users. You will get things done in a fast-paced environment while supporting and elevating your peers across the engineering team.
This position will report into our Head of Engineering. We are based in San Francisco, but we are a distributed team hiring anywhere in North America.
What you'll do
- Lead engineering projects across our stack and across our product
- Own technical design and project execution for a team of engineers, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate
- Develop, articulate, and prioritize software requirements, working closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams.
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Trim’s core products
- Define and enforce quality standards and review processes
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
- Navigate between shipping quickly and long-term maintainability.
Technologies we use
- Server: Ruby on Rails, Python
- Client: ES6, React, Redux
- Infrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS (RDS, ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda, and others), Redshift, Convox, Docker
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer working on web applications
- 1+ years of experience as a technical lead, team lead, or engineering manager
- Experience planning technical projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing technical projects with multiple engineers to completion
- High degree of empathy and concern for building psychological safety for the team and teammates
Why work at Trim?
- Grow as both an engineer and a technical leader.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited PTO.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.