San Francisco, CA /
Trim's mission is to improve the financial well-being of hardworking Americans and over the past five years, we've saved our users more than $70 million. Trim was recently acquired by OneMain Financial which will enable us to massively scale our impact. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our 600,000 active users and many more to come!
We are a highly collaborative team and bring our best selves to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers. We are looking for people who embody our company's core values: Customer Obsessed, Unstoppable Owners, Truth-Seeking, Constantly Evolving, and Compassionate Colleagues.
We are a remote-first company. Our team is distributed across the U.S. and has access to a network of OneMain offices in New York City, Baltimore, Wilmington, Austin, and Chicago.
We are hiring an Engineering Lead to work with a team of talented full-stack and back-end software engineers to design, build, deploy, and maintain Trim’s financial wellness platform. This platform includes internal and external facing APIs, internal tooling for our negotiation workforce, proprietary infrastructure, development operations, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Lead engineering projects primarily focused on Trim’s financial wellness platform including internal and external facing APIs, internal tooling for our 100+ negotiation workforce, proprietary infrastructure, development operations, and more.
- Own technical design and project execution for a team of engineers, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate.
- Oversee, manage, and provide technical mentorship to a team of full-stack and back-end developers.
- Participate in the engineering hiring process, serving as hiring manager as and when we expand the team.
- Develop, articulate, and prioritize software requirements, working closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams.
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence.
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Trim’s core products, spending >30% of time developing code and maintaining working knowledge of the codebase.
- Define and enforce quality standards and review processes.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
- Navigate between shipping quickly and long-term maintainability.
Technologies we use:
- Server: Ruby on Rails and Node
- Infrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS, Convox, and Docker
- DevTools: DataDog, Sentry, Heap, LaunchDarkly, GitHub, and CircleCI
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer working on web applications
- 1+ years of experience as a technical lead, team lead, or engineering manager
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience (or similar backend frameworks)
- Experience planning technical projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing technical projects with multiple engineers to completion
- High degree of empathy in building an environment of high performance and personal well-being
Why work at Trim @ OneMain Financial?
- Opportunity to work at a start-up inside of a 100-year-old public company: all the dynamism of a start-up culture with the stability and financial resources of a highly profitable enterprise.
- Move quickly and gain significant ownership over your results
- Work with our talented, positive, and highly-collaborative team
- Competitive salary and total compensation
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 4% 401k match
- Team events: Bi-Weekly Happy Hours, Random Monthly Events, Games Lunches, Team Offsites, and Trim Treats
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and financial services industry to apply.
Trim @ OneMain Financial is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.