Product Manager (Remote)
Trim's mission is to improve the financial well-being of hardworking Americans. Over the past five years, we've saved our users more than $70 million. Trim was recently acquired by OneMain Financial which enables us to massively scale our impact. Your work will directly improve the financial health of millions of people across the country.
We are a highly collaborative team and bring our best selves to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers. We are looking for people who embody our company's core values: Customer Obsessed, Unstoppable Owners, Truth-Seeking, Constantly Evolving, and Compassionate Colleagues.
We are a remote-first company. Our team is distributed across the U.S. and has access to a network of OneMain offices in New York City, Baltimore, Wilmington, Austin, and Chicago.
We are hiring an experienced Product Manager who will own the Product Platform team’s roadmap, drive stakeholder alignment, and work collaboratively with Engineering to bring Trim's financial wellness tools and services to millions of customers.
- Own the product road map and product development process of the Product Platform squad at Trim, working closely with full-stack and backend engineers.
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for all API development, maintenance, and related R&D.
- Own customer engagement metrics and responsibility for driving uptake of financial wellness features, especially among OneMain’s customer base.
- Lead backend projects focused on increasing customer engagement, including loan origination, through Trim.
- Foster relationships with various OneMain counterparts to drive stakeholder alignment and get things done effectively and collaboratively. May include project and product management of compliance and legal processes, customer and marketing research, go-to-market strategy, cross-engineering coordination, etc.
- Communicate effectively with Trim's management and operational team to plan, design, and implement product decisions.
- Own product analytics, using SQL to determine what's working and what's not, and collaborate with Trim’s Growth PM to determine the roadmap for iteration.
- Deeply understand & improve product metrics, driving long-term value creation for our customers and our business.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance for engineers and designers during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Ability to get things done quickly & effectively.
- Immense empathy for our customers.
- Ability to properly determine scope, key milestones, objectives, and dependencies of a project.
- Experience working cross-functionally in an agile environment.
- Dexterity with SQL and data analysis.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Prior experience with or understanding of consumer financial technology and/or B2C e-commerce.
- Prior experience with software design and technical architecture, API design, and documentation.
Why work at Trim @ OneMain Financial?
- Trim is a start-up inside of a 100-year-old public company. We benefit from the dynamism of a start-up culture combined with the stability and financial resources of a highly profitable enterprise.
- We are a mission-driven team who keeps our customer at the forefront of our strategy and decisions.
- We are growing rapidly with many new and exciting challenges on both technical and operational fronts.
- We have a remote-first distributed team, enabling both high performance and a focus on work-life balance.
- Our team is talented, highly collaborative, and fun to work with!
- We offer competitive compensation and full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 4% 401k match.
- We host regular team events: Bi-Weekly Happy Hours, Random Monthly Events, Games Lunches, Team Offsites, and Trim Treats.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and financial services industry to apply.
Trim @ OneMain Financial is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.