San Francisco, CA
Trim is a venture backed fintech startup based in San Francisco. Founded with the mission of making people financially healthy at scale, we've saved our users over 25 million dollars to date!
Fun fact: We’ve saved one grateful user $4,140 on a single bill!
We’ve been scaling rapidly since our Series A fundraise, with more than half a million users and a clear path to profitability.
We are a tight knit team who comes to work everyday because we enjoy working with each other. We prioritize team culture as much as we do our customer and product.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on technical leader to join our engineering team. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our users, and will affect hundreds of thousands of users. You will leverage a strong drive and desire to get things done in a fast-paced environment while supporting and elevating the engineering team. You will be directly responsible for growing and scaling the engineering team.
This position is based out of our HQ office in San Francisco.
- Support a group of 4 (and growing!) hungry and motivated full-stack engineers as they build and improve the entire Trim product across frontend, backend, and infrastructure.
- Teach, mentor, and support engineers, helping them grow to reach their career goals.
- Work closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams to solve complex business problems and be a strong advocate for product and engineering excellence.
- Recruit great engineers, in partnership with Trim’s Head of Talent.
- Invest in tools, processes, and automation to scale the team’s impact and productivity.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
- A history of technical ownership for significant engineering projects.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience on product-focused teams.
- 5+ years of full time, full-stack web application development experience across frontend, backend, and infrastructure and have a solid understanding of technical fundamentals.
- A strong desire to go into the details with an entrepreneurial and persistent attitude.
- Experience working in a high-growth, early-stage startup with the ability to earn trust across the team.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
TECH WE USE
- Client: ES6, React, Redux
- Server: Ruby on Rails, Python
- Infrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS (RDS, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, and others), Convox, Docker, Heroku, Redshift
- Easy commute to our office at 14th and Market St. in San Francisco.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Unlimited Vacation Policy!
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Standard start-up perks: daily catered lunches, delicious snacks, and lovely rooftop with view of Sutro Tower!
- Weekly happy hours, monthly cross-team events, and quarterly company outings. White water rafting, skiing in Tahoe, and Sonoma vineyard tours to name a few!