Chief of Staff / Special Projects
San Francisco, CA /
Trim is a Series A-funded fintech startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make Americans financially healthy at scale. In the past five years, we've saved our users more than $55M. We generate significant revenue and are focused on a path to profitability this year.
Like all start-ups, we encounter problems. The imperative of the Chief of Staff is to solve them. You will identify challenges for our business; gather and analyze data; make and execute decisions; and own the results.
These challenges will range from the extraordinary (building a new line of revenue) to the mundane (finding & negotiating new office space post-pandemic), with a wide range in between.
This position is intended for someone who is eager for enormous and variegated responsibility at an early-stage company. It is not an executive assistant, office manager, or secretary role. At other companies, a role similar to this one is sometimes referred to as "business operations manager."
This role will report to the COO and CEO. Our primary office is usually in San Francisco, but we're open to remote until we're able to return to working in-person.
- Business Health & Analytics: Deeply understand the company's metrics from the annual P&L to daily operational metrics. Identify innovative, high-leverage opportunities to improve the health of the business.
- Finance: Manage our financial projections, financial statements, accounts receivable & accounts payable, and external accounting firm. Participate in capital-raising with the executive team.
- Business Development: Create new external partnerships and serve as the primary point of contact for existing partners. Supervise and manage outside vendor relationships.
- Recruiting: Oversee our recruiting process, including external recruiters, sourcers, and recruiting platforms.
- Special Projects: Alongside the executive team, design and execute special projects related to strategy, product, operations, and financing.
- Excellent judgment.
- A burning desire to get the job done, regardless of obstacles.
- Prior professional experience in technology, consulting, and/or finance.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Comfort with SQL and financial modeling in Excel.
- Strong interest in learning the ins and outs of an early-stage, high-growth technology company.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- When we return to the office: Easy commute to our office in SF and standard start-up office perks: free lunches, delicious snacks, and plenty of succulents
- Weekly happy hours (virtual, for now), monthly cross-team events, and quarterly company outings, like whitewater rafting, skiing in Tahoe, and Sonoma vineyard tours
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.