Wonder is a new kind of knowledge service that makes your brain scalable. We provide instant access to the intellect and fact-finding skills of a distributed network of analysts around the world. We enable anyone - from individuals up to Fortune 500s - to gain strategic knowledge when they need it most.
We are rapidly scaling, and are looking for our first in-house designer to partner with engineering, product and data to help build out our product vision.
Who are you? You have a clean design sense, are a systems-level thinker, and are dedicated to molding complex experiences into simple, delightful ones. You are someone who is comfortable sharing early and often, but also sweats the details and are ready to tackle any design challenge that comes up between concepting and launching a product.
We're enthusiastic about what we do, are always up for a challenge, and want to continue building a supportive, happy and inclusive team.
Some responsibilities you'll handle:
- Translate complexity into user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and visually refining designs.
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Partner with the product leads to prioritize and manage all design deliverables.
- Collaborate with engineers to refine all use cases and ship quality products.
- Support design decisions by testing internally and leading user testing sessions with customers.
- Be a vocal advocate for an integrated, consistent UI throughout the product, and for a cohesive set of design principles and patterns.
To be successful here, we believe that you have:
- At least 3 years of practical, in-house product or UX design experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases (we'd love to see your work!).
- Deep understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- A keen interest in seeking feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers.
- A proven ability to consider product strategy and vision.
- Applied experience working across all digital manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap, with a focus on tools or workflows.
- Interest in working on a small team where you get to collaborate with others outside your discipline.
- Real passion for solving hard problems and a deep curiosity about the world around you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.