People Operations Manager
Wonder is a new kind of knowledge service that makes your brain scalable. We provide instant access to the intellect and fact-finding skills of a distributed network of analysts around the world. We enable anyone - from individuals up to Fortune 500s - to gain strategic knowledge when they need it most.
We are looking for a People Operations Manager to support the growth of our team, shepherding of our culture, and retention of the amazing talent that continues to produce amazing work. You will facilitate and manage the entire Wonder employee experience, spanning employer branding and recruiting all the way through HR operations and performance management. Additionally, you will partner with leadership to foster and champion our culture & core values.
We’re looking for a curious, data-driven, innovative thinker who has experience creating processes with a human touch. You will help lay the foundation for our people strategy and build out a full employee experience that can scale in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
What you'll work on:
- Create and own processes, policies and communication strategy to support key people operations processes including candidate interview process, new hire onboarding and employee offboarding.
- Manage a hands-on recruiting process, developing job descriptions, conducting sourcing / candidate outreach, and managing the process from interview to offer.
- Lead the planning and execution of team events and office initiatives to cultivate and drive engagement and build morale.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for employees on People Ops related matters, including but not limited to the administration of HR policies, benefits, processes, payroll, employee handbook, guidelines, and resources.
- Oversee facilities management and manage all logistical office needs to create an engaging work environment that promotes employee productivity and happiness.
- Develop and implement performance management systems, inclusive of performance reviews, coaching/counseling, performance improvement and corrective action.
- Build trusted relationships with a diverse workforce and serve as employee relations manager; provide guidance and support for internal conflict matters
Who you are:
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a fast paced startup environment, specifically in a people facing role (recruiting, HR, people).
- Hungry yet humble.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong project management skills; data-driven and detail-oriented.
- Passionate about Wonder’s vision, ability to serve as a brand evangelist.
- Embrace the nature of a start-up. We work hard and we have a great time. 9-5’ers need not apply.