Head of Finance
Wonder is a new kind of knowledge service that makes your brain scalable. We provide instant access to the intellect and fact-finding skills of a distributed network of analysts around the world. We enable anyone - from individuals up to Fortune 500s - to gain strategic knowledge when they need it most.
We are looking for our first Head of Finance, to oversee forecasting and financial strategy. You’ll provide critical insights to help drive our biggest business decisions, and help us turn our operations into a well-oiled machine.
We’re looking for a data-driven, highly analytical person who knows the right questions to ask and has the curiosity and skill set to get the answers. You’ll work directly with our CEO to help set the strategic direction for our company, lay the foundation of our financial systems, and help us navigate rapid scale.
What you'll work on:
- Build out (and maintain) financial models to analyze and report on the most critical aspects of our business, allowing us to estimate financial results and optimize our key performance drivers.
- Lead forecasting and provide company leadership with input, analyses, and projections on pricing, margin expansion, LTV, CAC.
- Work with our team leaders to determine and optimize key metrics / results, create / review budgets, and establish clear lines of communication amongst all stakeholders.
- Deliver a monthly financial reporting package, including financial statements, key metrics, and dashboards.
- Partner with the CEO on capital strategy, preparing board decks that present key business insights.
- Oversee our spend and vendor negotiations, partnering with our accounting firm on month-end and year-end closing processes.
Who you are:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in banking or consulting, and 2+ years of experience working at a high-growth venture-backed business.
- Exceptionally strong modeling and forecasting skills with an endless curiosity that enables us to uncover meaningful insights to drive our business.
- Executive-level quantitative/analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills that lend to both internal and external presentation.
- Degrees in Finance / Mathematics or equivalent are also strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.