Head of Operations
Wonder is a new kind of knowledge service that makes your brain scalable. We provide instant access to the intellect and fact-finding skills of a distributed network of analysts around the world. We enable anyone - from individuals up to Fortune 500s - to gain strategic knowledge when they need it most.
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to own and refine all business operations for our rapidly scaling organization.
You’ll work directly with the CEO to lay a foundation of best in class processes and help us turn operations into a well-oiled machine. You’ll provide critical insights to help drive our biggest business decisions, working cross-functionally on finance, analytics, legal and compliance. Additionally, you will partner with leadership and the People Ops team to foster and champion our culture & core values.
We’re looking for someone who is equal parts ‘service provider’ and ‘thought partner’, who can execute effortlessly as well as express curiosity in designing/building process.
What you'll do:
- Overall, be the subject matter expert for all operational processes; document and define continuously.
- Support strategic decision making, including on analytical initiatives such as financial modeling, product performance tracking, and recruiting.
- Own and build for scale a variety of work streams including legal, compliance, finance reporting, and people.
- Drive continuous process improvement amongst teams, identifying the right balance between optimizing for efficiency and implementing processes.
- Provide hands-on management of day-to-day operations, act as lead for edge case special projects as they arise.
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience in a corporate strategy / operations, management consulting or related role, preferably at least 2 of them at a high-growth venture backed business.
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills; solves problems with systems solutions.
- Excellent communication skills that lend to both internal and external presentation.
- Skilled operator who knows how to balance an intense focus on achieving daily results with making steady progress towards a longer-term vision.
- Strong passion for optimizing processes, never accepting the status quo.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do the unglamorous work when needed.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status