Vancouver, British Columbia
General & Administrative /
We are seeking a proactive and adaptable team player to join Aspect’s Communications team. Reporting to the Head of Strategic Communications, the Communications Intern will actively support corporate communications, social media, internal communications, and public relations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and collaborative work environment while gaining hands-on communications experience in a growing biotech company.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of communications projects by creating timelines, tracking progress, coordinating logistics, and ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Collaborate with our design team to create visually appealing graphics and illustrations for social media, slide decks, and other mediums.
- Manage our social media calendar, including planning, creating, and scheduling posts on our social media platforms.
- Gather and analyze data related to communication efforts and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in drafting, editing, and posting press releases and news stories to our website, as well as contribute to media relations efforts.
- Provide support in planning and organizing conference attendance and presentations.
- Support the development and distribution of internal communications material to keep employees informed and engaged.
- Assist with logistics for creative projects, including digital distribution, print materials, and photo and video shoots.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, liaising with external contractors, and organizing files and documents.
- Education: Currently pursuing a BCom, BBA, or similar, with a specialization in marketing, communications, or public relations. Alternatively, pursuing a BSc or BASc with experience and strong interest in marketing, communications, and/or public relations.
- Marketing Knowledge: You have basic knowledge of marketing concepts and are familiar with social media platforms.
- Writing & Editing Skills: You have excellent writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail when reviewing written and visual communications.
Who You Are
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Creative Thinker & Effective Communicator: You are an active listener with a passion for storytelling who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.