Vancouver, British Columbia
Preclinical Research and Development /
Regular, Full-time /
We are seeking an Associate, Bioengineering to join our multidisciplinary R&D team focused on life-changing, cell-based bioprinted tissue therapeutics. In this role, you will provide support for the design, manufacturing, and testing of bioprinted tissues for preclinical R&D by using and adapting Aspect’s microfluidic bioprinting technology. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work closely with a team of engineers, cell biologists, and biomaterials experts to develop bioprinted tissue therapeutics that could transform the way we develop medicines and treat disease.
- Help develop, characterize, and validate bioprinting processes and tissue implants for therapeutic applications.
- Test new microfluidic printheads and printer accessories to enable processing of new biomaterials.
- Culture and process cells and biomaterials for bioprinting tissue development studies.
- Perform in vitro assays to characterize bioprinted tissue health and function, including cell viability staining, immunostaining, and ELISA techniques.
- Perform morphological, mechanical, and stability tests to characterize new bioprinted tissue implants.
- Create experimental reports and present experiments to key stakeholders.
- Rigorously document all work, following documentation standards.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic bioprinting technology.
- Education: BSc or MSc in Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, or similar program.
- Technical Skill Set: You have an engineering mindset and experience in one or more of the following areas: microfluidics, tissue engineering, 3D bioprinting, hydrogel-based biomaterials.. Being familiar with 2D and 3D cell culture would be an asset.
Who You Are
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and are not afraid to ask questions.
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work and strive for excellence. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate with different audiences in diverse situations.
- Time Management: You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
The hiring range for this role is $44,000 - $70,000, annually. Our ranges are based on market data. Offered salaries will be based on a combination of factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience. For candidates who exceed role requirements, we are open to exploring above-range offers. Note that base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Aspect. Members of the Aspect team also receive equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and support for continuous learning and career progression.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.