Associate, In Vivo Bioprinting
Vancouver, British Columbia
Technical Operations /
Regular, Full-time /
We are seeking an Associate to join our high-performing team focused on developing bioprinted tissue therapeutics for cell therapy applications. In this role, you will focus on manufacturing various Bioprinted Tissue Therapeutics (BTT) to support Aspect’s GMP and Research /Development groups.
- Support manufacturing of BTTs in-vitro and in-vivo for Aspect’s GMP and Research/Development groups.
- Support materials and reagents preparation for various BTT processes in compliance with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Support process optimization and scale up to enable progress toward IND submission for multiple BTT product candidates.
- Support the maintenance of bioprinting equipment to ensure efficient production.
- Help develop, characterize, and validate the bioprinting process and BTTs for various therapeutic applications to achieve specific project and company milestones.
- Work with process development and manufacturing teams to ensure technical compliance and adherence to appropriate SOPs.
- Support optimization and scaled processing of BTTs.
- Ensure compliance of optimization and scaling strategies with cGMP regulations.
- Contribute to the identification of biomaterial and cell encapsulation strategies for bioprinted tissue therapeutics through design of experiment strategies, literature review, and interaction with colleagues and industrial experts.
- Perform laboratory-based studies to qualify and characterize new BTTs.
- Collaborate with the GMP team, Aspect’s R&D and Engineering teams to generate, optimize, and characterize bioprinting processes which are suitable for specific tissues/indications.
- Create and follow experimental forms, SOPs, BPRs, and other documentation as needed.
- Education + Experience: BS in Engineering or a Life Sciences related discipline, along with 2 years experience in a cGMP setting or the equivalent combination of education and industry experience with a focus on life sciences/engineering.
Who You Are
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and are not afraid to ask questions.
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work and strive for excellence. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate with different audiences in diverse situations.
- Time Management: You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
The hiring range for this role is $44,000 - $70,000, annually. Our ranges are based on market data. Offered salaries will be based on a combination of factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience. For candidates who exceed role requirements, we are open to exploring above-range offers. Note that base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Aspect. Members of the Aspect team also receive equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and support for continuous learning and career progression.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.