Full-Stack Software Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia
Technology Development /
We are seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer with extensive cloud development experience to join Aspect’s highly multidisciplinary research and product development team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and deployment of modern software systems, web and desktop applications, and data infrastructure to support, accelerate, and meet the evolving needs of Aspect’s computational tissue design, machine learning, therapeutic development, and tissue manufacturing workflows. Your expertise in both back-end and front-end development, combined with your proficiency in database and cloud technologies, will enable impactful, reliable, and scalable solutions that drive substantial value.
- Designing software systems and data architecture.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining software products, web and desktop applications, data infrastructure, web services, and APIs.
- Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of cloud platforms to design, implement, and optimize cloud-based solutions that are secure and cost-effective.
- Writing low-level and high-level code.
- Staying up to date with the latest industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to software development, data platforms, and cloud services.
- Provide feedback on Aspect’s products and contribute to technical solution development discussions.
- Maintain rigorous documentation records following Aspect’s standards.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, with 5+ years of professional experience across the stack, frontend, backend, databases, and cloud platforms.
- Proven expertise in backend technologies and languages such as Node.js, Python, Ruby, Java, or C#.
- Solid understanding of database systems, both relational and NoSQL, designing and implementing data architectures, pipelines, and optimizing database performance.
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), including data management and serverless computing.
- Strong knowledge of software design principles, design patterns, and architectural best practices.
- Familiarity with multi-modal data structures, data lakes, data warehouses, and methods to manage, integrate, and analyze data from a variety of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured sources.
- Familiarity with modern data analytic and machine learning approaches, data mining, visualization, information retrieval, knowledge discovery, and cloud AI services.
- Certifications related to cloud platforms (e.g., AWS certified developer, Azure developer) are desirable.
- Experience in planning and executing reliable and test-driven code. Understanding Git and familiarity with code version-control and design documentation practices.
Who You Are
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Detail Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail, and experimental and process rigor. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.